23rd July 2020
While documentation work remains on hold for the time being, here are a few examples of objects which were documented before the current restrictions were put in place.
Named in honour of Queen Victoria, Victoria Dock was opened in 1850. It was built to meet the increased capacity of the Hull Docks required by the growth of the timber trade in the 1840s. This cast iron painted sign probably dates to the late 19th Century. It may have originally been part of a lamp post.
Spurn Lightship Life Ring
Sailmakers’ Needles and Tools
Second World War Lifeboat Rations
This tin of Bovril powder was part of a lifeboat ration pack from The Second World War. These ration packs were a mandatory requirement from the Ministry of War and contained a range of long-life essential supplies.